SCAM: AliExpress buyer protection, lost packages, no refunds

Various posts that do not fit in any other category
Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2019-1-24 13:40

Aliexpress on-time delivery guarantee is usually 60 days, 90 days to Russia or 120 days to Brazil.
Aliexpress 60 days on-time delivery guarantee According to the conditions, the buyer is eligible for a full refund in case
1. You didn't receive your order within the guaranteed delivery time.
with the following exceptions
1. Your order did not arrive due to factors within your control (i.e. providing the wrong shipping address)
2. Your order did not arrive due to exceptional circumstances outside the seller’s control (i.e. not cleared by customs, delayed by a natural disaster)
3. Other exceptional circumstances outside the control of AliExpress.com
4. Unauthorized charges made to your bank account (e.g. if you bypassed AliExpress and made a payment directly to the seller)
To get a full refund, you need to file a dispute and there is the catch. The options for requesting a full refund based on delivery time guarantee are completely missing. If you have received the item, there is no way to request refund as you can see from the following dispute options:
Aliexpress reasons for refund if the item is delivered According to the guaranteed delivery time conditions, it should not matter whether the item is delivered or not:
Aliexpress on-time delivery conditions are pure bullshit In case you have not received the item, your only option is to select "Logistic tracking problem" as all the other reasons invalidate your request and lead to an automatic rejection as if it was your own fault:
Aliexpress reasons for refund if the item is not delivered Logistic tracking problem requires you to further specify the reason, and as you can see there is nothing about guaranteed delivery time.
Aliexpress logistic tracking problem reasons Some sellers don´t actually deliver anything

Some Aliexpress sellers use the purchase protection and guaranteed delivery time to scam their customers. They do not send any products. When the customer complains, they are advised to wait a few weeks more with some vague excuses until the purchase protection runs out. After that the seller stops answering messages and keeps the money. The only way you can fight these scammers is filing a dispute immediately after the guaranteed delivery time has expired and insisting a full refund. They will try to convince you to cancel your dispute and wait for a bit longer, but if you do that, you will lose your money.

So far the following Aliexpress stores have scammed us:
What kind of Aliexpress scams have you encountered? Do you know any other stores to avoid?

SheikhLukman

Unread post by SheikhLukman » 2019-2-27 07:08

I think you have misguided by someone. I am doing work with AliExpress as their affiliate and also have gotten too many products as their customer and did not have observed such activity you discussed here. They are doing their business on proper plans and can't do such things to make their business lost full. Also, there are many investors have done their business with AliExpress by getting help from [url=https://businessplanner.ae/]business plan consultants[/url] to observe the criteria of making business.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2019-3-14 10:29

SheikhLukman wrote:
2019-2-27 07:08
I think you have misguided by someone. I am doing work with AliExpress as their affiliate and also have gotten too many products as their customer and did not have observed such activity you discussed here.
Thanks for sharing your views. The post was based on my own firsthand experience, so nobody was misguiding me. It would be interesting to know
  1. If you ship a product to your customer and it does not arrive within guaranteed delivery time, do you refund customers automatically or ask them to wait longer?
  2. How can your customers file a dispute in Aliexpress regarding exceeding guaranteed on-time delivery time?
I am not claiming that all the affiliates are cheats, but some of them certainly are, and the broken on-time delivery guarantee system facilitates such scams.

Cheers,

Santeri

f***r

Unread post by f***r » 2020-1-23 03:52

посилку так і не отримав так ще й продавець відмовляється повертати кошти! НЕ РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

Minnanyun Tea Store

Hynie

Unread post by Hynie » 2020-1-30 07:01

I just noticed that Aliexpress has removed their guaranteed delivery time and replaced it with this 60-Day Buyer Protection Money Back Guarantee:
We promise your money back if the item you received is not as described, or if your item is not delivered within the Buyer Protection period.
And sellers can extend buyer protection period forever which means you will never see any refunds for the packages that were never shipped. If you read their new conditions, they don't actually guarantee anything anymore. So if it was earlier a scam, now it's just pure nonsense:
  • The item was purchased on our platform.
  • The item you received was damaged, defective, or substantially different from the item represented on the product detail page.
  • Your order did not arrive not due to factors related to the buyer (for example: the wrong shipping address was provided).
  • You raise a claim by opening a dispute.
  • Your account is in good standing.
  • Your item is returned to the seller due to customs duties (customs clearance/taxes are not included).
They can always keep your money without delivering you anything by just claiming that your account if not in good standing or say that it was somehow your fault, not the sellers. I don't think I dare to buy anything from Aliexpress after this change. At least earlier there was a promise of some kind of responsibility.
Image That new 60-Day badge reminds of the old guarantee badge like it was meant to mislead customers to think it is the old guarantee. Very bad, Aliexpress. I will use Amazon only from now on.

Just Lies

Unread post by Just Lies » 2020-1-31 07:09

Aliexpress is nothing but a scam. Why you bother using them? It's your own fault, you know.

Crooked Chinese

Unread post by Crooked Chinese » 2020-1-31 08:53

Stupid fucking dishonest Chinese. Always buy American!

Former customer

Unread post by Former customer » 2020-1-31 11:00

I don't think it is the sellers who cheat but Aliexpress itself. Here is my judgement:
Image They admit that the package was late, but still insist I must pick it up from the post office.
The tracking information shows that the package has arrived at your local post office and waited for your collection. We warmly suggest that you can contact the shipping company Customer Care Center and you will get this package as soon as possible. If the package not in good condition/ goods shortage, you are suggested go to 'Dispute Detail' -- Check 'Dispute Reason-- Click 'Update Reason' to update your reason for filing a dispute.

And if I get it, I lose my right to dispute as the the conditions state:
You are not eligible for AliExpress Buyer Protection if:
  • You claim you did not receive your order when the shipping company's records show that you did.
  • You claim the order that you received is not as described when the seller can prove that it is.
  • The item was delivered but you no longer want it (regardless of the reason).
Pretty smart con. So, if I pick up the package, I lose my case regardless of the reason and if I don't pick it up, I lose my money because they will refuse my refund unless I pick up the package. Aliexpress is lose-lose to everyone else but Aliexpress itself. The only way to win is to quit using them. I wish I had seen this post before I lost my money.

Ched

Unread post by Ched » 2020-2-10 09:47

How come you put up with this shit? I've never used them and I don't think I ever will. The 60-Day Buyer Protection Money Back Guarantee looks ever more shady than the guaranteed delivery time. I feel sorry for you man. Did corona virus turn them all to crazies?

Jayson

Unread post by Jayson » 2020-2-11 12:53

Screw them cheaters:
  1. Order a lot of stuff preferably on discount sale and Chinese holidays, so that many of the packages will be late.
  2. File for refunds immediate after time expires and leave all packages to the post office until you get your money back.
  3. Get the products from post office for free.
Cheating cheaters is the best anyone can do!

Niihau

Unread post by Niihau » 2020-2-16 21:47

Have some pity and compassion for the Chinese. They are being attacked by Mr. Trump and his goons using main stream media propaganda and the corona virus developed by the US bio warfare labs. China does need any more shit right now.

Troll

Unread post by Troll » 2020-2-28 16:13

No pity for the shitty.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-6-5 01:40

There is no more any delivery time guarantee and the buyer protection is now 90 days. I don't think anyone will be using it anymore as most of the packages are lost and you have to wait 3 months to get your money back.

Pippi

Unread post by Pippi » 2020-6-17 03:05

The guarantee is a joke.

Xinhua

Unread post by Xinhua » 2020-6-30 19:18

Smart aliexpress sellers make opening dispute impossible. Before buyer protection runs out, they extend the Buyer Protection for the order and that will prevent opening dispute until the extended buyer protection runs out. I don't know how many times they can do it, but if there are no limits, then you will have to wait forever you money back and you will never be able to open a dispute to get a refund.
Image If you ask yourself to extend buyer protection, you agree that the On-Time Delivery date will also automatically be extended. However, when seller does it nobody asks you permission and you lose. This means that aliexpress on-time delivery guarantee and buyer protection are useless. If you want to be sure you get your product or at least your money back, don't use aliexpress.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-6-30 19:47

Xinhua wrote:
2020-6-30 19:18
Smart aliexpress sellers make opening dispute impossible. Before buyer protection runs out, they extend the Buyer Protection for the order and that will prevent opening dispute until the extended buyer protection runs out. I don't know how many times they can do it, but if there are no limits, then you will have to wait forever you money back and you will never be able to open a dispute to get a refund.
In the past 3 months over 50% of my AliExpress packages have been lost on their way to Europe. And now they stopped disputes and refunds? I just tried and got offered some coupons instead of my money back, unless I want to wait forever.

Dear AliExpress, WTF I do with your coupons when your packages are anyway lost in transit? Get more coupons?

I think I am done with AliExpress.

Frederik

Unread post by Frederik » 2020-6-30 22:16

Xinhua wrote:
2020-6-30 19:18
If you want to be sure you get your product or at least your money back, don't use aliexpress.
That is a solid piece of advice. AliExpress customer service is the best. If you ever get pass the brain dead chat bot EVA, Customer Service Agents are even worse. Here are some of the best copy pastes I have received:
AliExpress wrote:I apologize but that's all that we could do with this order for now.
AliExpress wrote:Please wait for 24-48 hours more.
AliExpress wrote:I apologize if you have not received your order yet. Please accept my sincerest apologies. AliExpress wants nothing more than you receiving your order. It breaks our hearts that the Corona virus has cause your order's delivery to be delayed.
AliExpress wrote:Please wait for 48 hours more.
AliExpress wrote:Nobody knew that there will be a pandemic so we couldn't have changed that beforehand. I humbly ask for your patience and understanding.
AliExpress wrote:Please note that orders has been delayed due to the corona virus so please wait patiently. it'll be given a new delivery date. if the package still does not arrive then you could file a dispute.
AliExpress wrote:After checking, I find your dispute is in progress. But do not worry. A speed-up work order has been submitted. Your dispute will be followed up by our expert within 48 hours. Your patience is appreciated.
They keep copy-pasting this nonsense for you until you finally realize, that they don't have any power or means to help customers other than trick them to wait 2 days more for a miracle that will never come. Pure waste of time.

Nadine

Unread post by Nadine » 2020-7-1 05:47

I have received everything I have ordered quickly to my country Austria.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-7-2 16:40

Nadine wrote:
2020-7-1 05:47
I have received everything I have ordered quickly to my country Austria.
Interesting. When was that?

Nadine

Unread post by Nadine » 2020-7-3 07:47

I received 2 packages in March 2018 in only 11 weeks.