SCAM: eBay Money Back Guarantee Policy

Various posts that do not fit in any other category
Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-3-22 12:35

eBay is proudly promising: get the item you ordered or your money back—it’s that simple. They conveniently forget to mention that in the process they will steal 11% of your money, so the actual money back guarantee covers only 89% of your money and you will never get a full refund as promised. Here is what happened to me.
Image I ordered an item (order number: 04-04541-65710) and they charged my credit card 57.35 GEL on Feb 14 2020:
POS - PAYPAL *UOFZVLLJ4 EBAY, Transaction amount 57.35 GEL, Feb 14 2020 12:00AM
The item was not delivered, so I should have received a full refund, but you refunded me only 51.20 GEL on Mar 19 2020.
POS - PAYPAL *UOFZVLLJ4 EBAY, Card MC, Transaction amount 51.20 GEL, Mar 19 2020 12:00AM
What happened with 6,15 GEL (2 USD, 10.7%)? eBay stole it as you can see from the following message from eBay customer support sent me as a reply to my inquiry:
RE: eBay Money Back Guarantee policy SR# 1-252150070262

Hello,

Thank you for contacting eBay. I am sorry to know that you did not receive your full refund for the item that you did not receive. I am happy to help you with this.

I checked your account and I see here that you are fully refunded with this amount GBP 14.77 which is GEL 54.3202. I assure you that you are refunded for the said amount that was charged from you.

Now, since you have said that you did not receive the full amount, this has something to do with PayPal. This is because payments and refunds here on eBay are all processed through PayPal. This means, that regardless if you paid with a credit card, your payment will still be processed through PayPal. This is because PayPal, is our transaction processor.

Now, when it comes to payment using a credit card for purchases or services from an issuing bank not located in the same country as the merchant's processing account, you will then be charged for a currency conversion fee or a cross border fee. This is actually not just a fee implemented by PayPal but by all credit card transaction processors for any transaction that involves a foreign bank.

To learn more about this fee, please visit this link:
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/cross-border-and-conversion-fees

You may also contact PayPal, to know more about this fee and how it is calculated.
To contact PayPal, just go to: https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/contact-us
Or you can contact PayPal by phone: Call 1-402-935-2050 or 1-888-221-1161. PayPal Spanish line: 1-888-914-8072
4:00 AM PT - 10:00 PM PT, Monday through Friday.
6:00 AM PT - 8:00 PM PT, Saturday and Sunday

It is my pleasure to assist you today. Rest assured that contacting PayPal is helpful for you to know on why you did not receive a full refund even if I see here that you are fully refunded.

Have a great day! Take care always and have a good heath!

Thank you for choosing eBay. We value your business.

Kind Regards,

Redina O.
eBay Customer Service
Was stealing US $2 really worth losing a customer and damaging your reputation, eBay?

It's comforting to know that you value my business, although I doubt you will ever see me again using your fraudulent services. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Pjotr

Unread post by Pjotr » 2020-3-23 16:07

The same happened to me too but I got 5% less than paid. Does not matter. Money back qarrantee must mean all money back and not some money back.

Max

Unread post by Max » 2020-3-24 12:30

Fucking *tards doing typical American shit. Blame yourself trusting them. Makes you equally dumb.

Niihau

Unread post by Niihau » 2020-3-24 13:04

... you will then be charged for a currency conversion fee or a cross border fee. This is actually not just a fee implemented by PayPal but by all credit card transaction processors for any transaction that involves a foreign bank.
AliExpress has no problems returning all money to their customers no matter how and in which currency it was paid. Why blame PayPal when it's clearly you scamming your customers, e-Bay? Lame!!!

Misha

Unread post by Misha » 2020-3-25 06:39

Why complain? They could have kept all your money and not replied you. Be grateful that you got at least some money back.

Brian

Unread post by Brian » 2020-3-29 21:25

Thanks for the heads up. Just closed my ebay account.

Nancy

Unread post by Nancy » 2020-4-3 21:19

Stupid fuckers