SOLVED: Acme.sh Deploy Error

Questions and discussion about web design, search engine optimisation and hosting
Yogi

Unread post by Yogi » 2018-12-17 20:11

Hi

First of all I would like to Thank you for your efforts in contributing the awesome script for deploying LetsEncrypt SSL on Cpanel servers.

I have successfully created the SSL certificate using DNS method. Now I am trying to use the deploy option to Cpanel but facing below error -
Sorry, example.com is not one of the domains on your account

I am not sure what is causing the error. Please help.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2018-12-18 08:31

Hi Yogi,

Thanks for your message.

Please post me the commands you have run for 1) creating and 2) deploying the certificate including all parameters. I have never seen such error which suggests that something is wrong with the commands you are trying to run.

Cheers,

Santeri

Yogi

Unread post by Yogi » 2018-12-18 16:07

To issue certificate I used this command -
acme.sh --issue --dns dns_cloudns -d example.com

This worked great and I can see certificate created under .acme.sh

For deployment of certificate I am using -
export DEPLOY_CPANEL_USER=username
acme.sh --deploy -d example.com --deploy-hook cpanel_uapi

I am very much sure that the username belongs to that domain yet the error is thrown by Cpanel UAPI as below >>

[2018-12-18 21:27:19 +0530] warn [uapi] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request adminbin Cpanel/ssl/ADD: exit 5: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[ssl] function=[ADD]: raw_response=[{"data":{"message":"Sorry, example.com is not one of the domains on your account.","status":0,"statusmsg":"Sorry, example.com is not one of the domains on your account."},"statusmsg":"adminbin Cpanel/ssl/ADD: exit 5","version":"2.4","exit_code":1280,"mode":"full","action":"fetch","error":1,"timeout":0,"status":1}] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 123, <$socket> line 1..............
..........more lines below

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2018-12-19 10:37

Yogi wrote:
2018-12-18 16:07
acme.sh --issue --dns dns_cloudns -d example.com
Unfortunately I don't have cloud dns hosting account so that I could debug the issue. I have used the script only for godaddy hosting.
Yogi wrote:
2018-12-18 16:07
For deployment of certificate I am using -
acme.sh --deploy -d example.com --deploy-hook cpanel_uapi
A few things to check:

1) Is the domain name added to your cpanel and managed through it? This hook does not work without a real domain name that you have actually registered and configured to your cpanel. You can not deploy certificates for non-existent or example domains such as example.com. You need to own the domain and have it configured to your hosting using cpanel. You must replace in the command line example.com with your real domain name:

Code: Select all

acme.sh --issue --dns dns_cloudns -d TYPE_YOUR_REAL_DOMAIN_NAME_HERE

acme.sh --deploy -d TYPE_YOUR_REAL_DOMAIN_NAME_HERE --deploy-hook cpanel_uapi
2) Is the script run as a root or under the same account as cpanel? You should use

only if the script is run as a root.

3) Have you checked that the cPanel & WHM version is 56 or newer? Otherwise the script does not work.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you need anything else!

Yogi

Unread post by Yogi » 2018-12-19 10:56

Hi

Thank you for your valuable comments. I have already followed all the steps that you mentioned. The example.com is mentoned only here in my post, actual command includes my real domain name & username.

Q1
Should I send you screenshot on personal message to see my screen output?

Q2
Also is there any way to where I can create and deploy SSL for non existent domains as I am using a lot many client custom domains on my application.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2018-12-19 21:15

Yogi wrote:
2018-12-19 10:56
Should I send you screenshot on personal message to see my screen output?
That is probably not helpful as I have no way for debugging the issue on your hosting. The problem must to be hosting related if nothing I suggested earlier helped.
Yogi wrote:
2018-12-19 10:56
Also is there any way to where I can create and deploy SSL for non existent domains as I am using a lot many client custom domains on my application.
No. A domain must be verified for issuing a certificate either using 1) DNS or 2) HTTP request.