Facebook is forcing to use Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Questions and discussion about web design, search engine optimisation and hosting

Do you use Kaspersky?

Yes
23%
No
61%
Never after this plunder
16%

Total votes: 31

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2017-10-19 09:58

Facebook has stepped up their marketing efforts. 3 years ago Facebook lied that websites selling likes and followers are unsafe because they wanted to sell likes and followers by themselves. Today Facebook stopped working with Chrome claiming that there is some kind of malware on the computer.

The only way to get in would be downloading, installing and running Kaspersky Anti-virus. The strange thing is that at the same time I can access Facebook without any problems using Firefox, and another antivirus failed to find anything suspicious.

Is this a new joint marketing effort forcing Kaspersky products to Facebook users? One would expect malware to work such way and therefore I don't feel like following their instructions nor trusting them.

I will ditch fecesbooks again before I start infesting computers with their crapware.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2017-10-19 16:50

Facebook has just changed the forced anti-virus from Kaspersky to Trend Micro:

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2017-10-20 02:52

Facebook's confession

Here is the fix if you get attacked by Facebook. You should either:
  1. wait for 2 days and then try again login to Facebook (many people have reported that this has worked for them and it worked for me, too)
  2. use another browser (this worked for me as Chrome got blocked but Firefox works fine on the same computer)
  3. or for a more permanent fix quit using Facebook.
I recommend the 3rd option. There is no telling when Facebook will attack you again with even more malicious scheme.

Check out this blog post if you want to learn more (Windows 10 & Kaspersky), and the following video.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2017-11-2 17:07

One of my friends was today blocked by Facebook and he was offered either Trend Micro or F-Secure. It remains yet to be seen will he manage to clean his computer after downloading and running the "virus-scanner". India Times May 22, 2014: Facebook partners F-Secure for malware cleanup.

niharika

Unread post by niharika » 2019-3-8 08:43

REALLY GREAT INFORMATION SHARE WITH US.