SOLVED: TLS Negotiation failed, the certificate doesn't match the host., code: 0

Questions and discussion about web design, search engine optimisation and hosting
Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-4-15 04:27

irving washington wrote:
2020-4-15 00:12
The server name that I find is sl-508-11. This is what I entered into the gmail field for SMTP server, and it gave me the error message. (I'm not sure if this is the right one...
According to their instructions here, your correct SMTP server should be

Code: Select all

sl-508-11.slc.westdc.net
It has proper SSL certificate and Reverse DNS.

If this does not work for you, I need to know what is the web address of your website to dig deeper. Have you tried using chimail.westhost.com ? It is mentioned here.

jrey

Unread post by jrey » 2020-4-15 05:00

Guest wrote:
2020-4-12 06:17
Same principle worked with a Crazy Domain url. Thanks for the pointer!
Owen - What did you copy from cpanel? All of the text or up to index.html? I can't seem to get it to work?

Unread post by Guest » 2020-4-15 07:15

Thank you so much sir. Finally its resolved.

iceberk

Unread post by iceberk » 2020-4-15 08:48

Hello,

I have the same problem but my hosting has no cpanel. How can I solve the problem?

Thank you.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-4-15 10:04

iceberk wrote:
2020-4-15 08:48
I have the same problem but my hosting has no cpanel. How can I solve the problem?
What is your hosting provider? Have you checked their documentation?

SGPascoe

Unread post by SGPascoe » 2020-4-15 12:01

Hi guys, this seemed like a promising lead, as we're having the exact same problem, however, our cpanel just shows our domain URL "companyname.com:2083". However using the URL as the SMTP results in :

"Server returned an error: "TLS Negotiation failed, the certificate doesn't match the host., code: 0""

irving washington

Unread post by irving washington » 2020-4-15 15:19

Santeri wrote:
2020-4-15 04:27

According to their instructions here, your correct SMTP server should be

sl-508-11.slc.westdc.net
It has proper SSL certificate and Reverse DNS.

If this does not work for you, I need to know what is the web address of your website to dig deeper. Have you tried using chimail.westhost.com ? It is mentioned here.
It worked!!! Thank you SO MUCH! You are an angel, much better than the tech support team for most software we use, and you are just doing it out of the goodness of your heart. Blessings to you my friend!!

ebr

Unread post by ebr » 2020-4-15 16:03

Same root problem with Network Solutions mail. No cPanel to use for workaround. To those that found success do you have any suggestions? Domain for digging purposes - morphtech.com, smtp.morphtech.com, smtp.morphtech.com.netsolmail.net :?:

The previously working settings for SMTP Server resolve to IP address 205.178.146.235 and it as indicated above it appears the full SMTP is smtp.company.com.netsolmail.net but I am unable to find success using this as the server. Not finding reverse MX records for 205.178.146.235 either. I've tried various combo's in Google and none take. The only patch, which is not acceptable for me, if using port 25 and selecting an Unsecured connection. It's a workaround for those unable to send email at all, but I wouldn't use it for anything of mine.

For the no-cPanel gang please bless us with the knowledge :D

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-4-15 17:08

ebr wrote:
2020-4-15 16:03
Same root problem with Network Solutions mail. No cPanel to use for workaround. To those that found success do you have any suggestions? Domain for digging purposes - morphtech.com, smtp.morphtech.com, smtp.morphtech.com.netsolmail.net :?:

The previously working settings for SMTP Server resolve to IP address 205.178.146.235 and it as indicated above it appears the full SMTP is smtp.company.com.netsolmail.net but I am unable to find success using this as the server. Not finding reverse MX records for 205.178.146.235 either. I've tried various combo's in Google and none take. The only patch, which is not acceptable for me, if using port 25 and selecting an Unsecured connection. It's a workaround for those unable to send email at all, but I wouldn't use it for anything of mine.

For the no-cPanel gang please bless us with the knowledge :D
I wrote detailed explanation of what is wrong with Gmail. I hope that could help you to figure out the issue with your hosting provider. You can find it here: EXPLANATION: TLS Negotiation failed, the certificate doesn't match the host., code: 0.

That is the best I can do without knowing exactly which hosting company and package you are using etc. I have not used Network Solutions for over 10 years and their systems have probably (at least I hope so) evolved a lot since then.

Ali

Unread post by Ali » 2020-4-15 19:26

Santeri wrote:
2020-4-11 13:18
GoDaddy "award-winning support team" was again lying to me, so I wasted 24 hours by waiting their "solution" instead of finding the fix by myself right away. Anyway, I found a permanent solution for the issue. It is easy, free and does not involve GoDaddy which means it can be done right away instead of waiting forever for nothing to happen. Here are the steps for fixing Gmail on GoDaddy.
  1. Login to your GoDaddy account
  2. Select All Products and Services
  3. Click Manage in Web hosting section Image
  4. Click cPanel Admin Image
  5. Copy host name from cPanel URL (shared server host name is between https:// and :2083/) Image
  6. Paste the host name to Gmail settings Accounts and Import/Send mail as/edit info/SMTP Server and click Save Changes
Image What made the issue more complicated was that both gmail and GoDaddy are to be blamed. Gmail has changed how they check SSL certificates and GoDaddy support is exploiting the issue by trying to peddle useless products for their clueless customers. Please let me know if you are still having issues after applying my fix.
Happy hacking,

Santeri
Thats awesome Sir.
Helped me while i was searching for the solution for one of my client.

hamidjj86@gmail.com

Unread post by hamidjj86@gmail.com » 2020-4-16 03:30

Thanx Man

I spent 4 hours discussing it with godaddy team and they kept comig up with stupid solutions everytime!!!!

mwasapik

Unread post by mwasapik » 2020-4-16 07:09

For my case, updating SSL certificate for "mail.mydomain.tld" solved the error.

My client came from another host, so after moving to our server they noticed that everything was fine except existing "SEND AS" or "ALIAS" features via gmail. Since the error "TLS Negotiation failed, the certificate doesn't match the host., code: 0" suggests something about certificates, I noticed that this account was using different certificates from the one running in my server, that being not enough - certificates for "mail.mydomain.tld" was not installed. So I delete the whole certificate and re-installed from my server, and made sure that "mail.mydeomain.tld" has certificate installed. Tested the alias setting and it worked flawlessly. Hope this might help.

Palaash

Unread post by Palaash » 2020-4-16 16:15

Dear Santori,

Thank you for sharing your solution. I tried your solution. However, now I am getting the following error "Oops, we weren't able to finish. Please verify that you have entered the exact settings provided by your other email service. Contact your other email administrator for further details."

Can you please advice on this?

Thank you!

Palaash

Unread post by Palaash » 2020-4-16 16:21

Santeri,

You Sir are a Genius! Thank you so very much!

Everyone what I was doing is pasting the entire link, you just need to post the details in between https:// and :2083/)

Unread post by Guest » 2020-4-16 17:25

I am happy that I found your post this really helped me resolved the issue.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-4-16 17:28

Guest wrote:
2020-4-16 17:25
I am happy that I found your post this really helped me resolved the issue.
Happy to hear and help1 Feel free to share it with others so that they will find it, too.

Cheers,

Santeri

ekta

Unread post by ekta » 2020-4-16 18:02

How to do for Plesk shared hosting?
I am unable to change in it

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-4-16 18:15

ekta wrote:
2020-4-16 18:02
How to do for Plesk shared hosting?
I am unable to change in it
What web address do you use for logging into plesk? Is it something like this:
https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/quick-start-guide/getting-started-with-plesk/understanding-subscriptions.74372/ wrote: You can log in to Plesk by visiting the following URL:

https://<Plesk server's address>:8443
If it looks something like that, try the <Plesk server's address> as your SMTP server host name in Gmail and see if that works.

danbo

Unread post by danbo » 2020-4-17 01:51

Santeri wrote:
2020-4-11 13:18
GoDaddy "award-winning support team" was again lying to me, so I wasted 24 hours by waiting their "solution" instead of finding the fix by myself right away. Anyway, I found a permanent solution for the issue. It is easy, free and does not involve GoDaddy which means it can be done right away instead of waiting forever for nothing to happen. Here are the steps for fixing Gmail on GoDaddy.
  1. Login to your GoDaddy account
  2. Select All Products and Services
  3. Click Manage in Web hosting section Image
  4. Click cPanel Admin Image
  5. Copy host name from cPanel URL (shared server host name is between https:// and :2083/) Image
  6. Paste the host name to Gmail settings Accounts and Import/Send mail as/edit info/SMTP Server and click Save Changes
Image What made the issue more complicated was that both gmail and GoDaddy are to be blamed. Gmail has changed how they check SSL certificates and GoDaddy support is exploiting the issue by trying to peddle useless products for their clueless customers. Please let me know if you are still having issues after applying my fix.
Happy hacking,

Santeri
this one doesnt work to me.

danbo

Unread post by danbo » 2020-4-17 02:07

Santeri wrote:
2020-4-15 04:05
1dre203 wrote:
2020-4-15 02:20
Thank you so much, this is the most valuable information I have come across so far better than GoDaddy's service. Unfortunately for me, the problem does not seem to go away. I am getting this after following your steps "Authentication failed. Please check your username/password.
Server returned error: "DNS Error: 9952402 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of https://sg2plcpnl0131.prod.sin2.secureserver.net:2083/ responded with code NXDOMAIN 9952402 DNS type 'a' lookup of https://sg2plcpnl0131.prod.sin2.secureserver.net:2083/ responded with code NXDOMAIN , code: 0"

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you
You need to remove ":2083/" from your server address as I mention in my instructions. Try sg2plcpnl0131.prod.sin2.secureserver.net and it should work fine.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU SAVE MYLIFE! I ALREADY FIXED MINE WITH 300+ EMAIL MY GOD!