SOLVED: TLS Negotiation failed, the certificate doesn't match the host., code: 0

Questions and discussion about web design, search engine optimisation and hosting
jasveerrana

Unread post by jasveerrana » 2020-5-8 10:48

Thank you so much Santeri.

dimitris.vamvakas

Unread post by dimitris.vamvakas » 2020-5-16 13:30

Hi Santeri! This post looks like it's the only one containing any information on the matter in general.
I have tried your solution, using linuxzone129.grserver.gr as my SMTP Server and SSL and 425 port.
Although all works out, I even get a confirmation mail from Google, when I try to send an email , when pushing the send button it is inactive, nothing happens. :o
Am a bit stuck now! :)
Dimitris

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-5-16 20:35

dimitris.vamvakas wrote:
2020-5-16 13:30
Although all works out, I even get a confirmation mail from Google, when I try to send an email , when pushing the send button it is inactive, nothing happens. :o
Hmm. That is really weird, it has never happened to me. Have you tried disabling your browser add-ons? Does it happen with other web browsers? Can you send email normally when the sender is your gmail address?

If you send me a screenshot, I could take a look at it if I have any other ideas.

Cheers,

Santeri

GameEver

Unread post by GameEver » 2020-5-21 22:00

Santeri! You are my saviour!

I configured the "real" name of my server (p3plcpnl0867.prod.phx3.secureserver.net) in the SMTP Server box and i can finally send emails!

The problem i have now is that emails that i send arrive with a Question Mark to other gmails and if you put the mouse over the image is says "Gmail couldn't verify that mydomain.com actually sent this message (and not a spammer)".

So i checked my email with this tool: https://www.checktls.com/TestReceiver
And everything returns 100% excepting "Cert", and the error i get is:

Code: Select all

Cert Hostname DOES NOT VERIFY (mail.gameeverstudio.com != *.prod.phx3.secureserver.net | DNS:*.prod.phx3.secureserver.net | DNS:prod.phx3.secureserver.net)
(see RFC-2818 section 3.1 paragraph 4 for info on wildcard ("*") matching)
So email is encrypted but the host is not verified
I already spent about 3 hours yesterday and 4 hours today chatting with GoDaddy Support and it is so useless it hurts. And i don't really understand much about all this. Do you know what this could be?

GameEver

Unread post by GameEver » 2020-5-21 22:02

dimitris.vamvakas wrote:
2020-5-16 13:30
Hi Santeri! This post looks like it's the only one containing any information on the matter in general.
I have tried your solution, using linuxzone129.grserver.gr as my SMTP Server and SSL and 425 port.
Am a bit stuck now! :)
Dimitris
I experienced the same thing, you just have to Refresh your Gmail tab.

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-5-21 23:50

GameEver wrote:
2020-5-21 22:00
The problem i have now is that emails that i send arrive with a Question Mark to other gmails and if you put the mouse over the image is says "Gmail couldn't verify that mydomain.com actually sent this message (and not a spammer)".

I already spent about 3 hours yesterday and 4 hours today chatting with GoDaddy Support and it is so useless it hurts. And i don't really understand much about all this. Do you know what this could be?
In Poople Gmail click the message with question mark open, then click from the message menu "Show original":
Image That will tell you what is wrong. The most common reason is missing or wrong SPF record in your DNS.

If you are using GoDaddy CPanel email with Gmail, your DNS should have these entries:

Code: Select all

@	604800	 IN 	TXT	"v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all"
mail	604800	 IN 	TXT	"v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all"
GoDaddy does not support DKIM or DMARC so those 2 will always fail. If you want them to work, too, to reduce the risk of your emails ending up to spam folders, you can try https://sendgrid.com/. It is free if you send no more than 100 emails per day.

GameEver

Unread post by GameEver » 2020-5-22 01:50

Wow thanks for answering so fast!

I checked "Show Original". This is what i got:
SPF: SOFTFAIL with IP 184.168.200.142 Learn more
DKIM: 'FAIL' with domain gameeverstudio.com Learn more

According to what you said DKIM will always fail so i will see if i can solve the SPF.

I just did what you told me. I put "1 hour" in time, don't know if it is correct. I guess i have to wait 12 hours for this to propagate or something like that, right?

That sendgrid you mentioned looks nice, i never send more than 100 emails in a day, ever. I will take a look at it.

iKooza

Unread post by iKooza » 2020-5-31 02:00

I also had the same issue but I wasn't with GoDaddy.

I fixed this error by resolving the SSL certificate on the server for mail.yourdomain.com
Under "Manage SSL Hosts" in WHM, I realized that the SSL was red for the mail subdomain.
I disabled SSL for this domain and re-enabled this from WHM and forced to generate new keys. Once the mail subdomain was given a self-signed SSL certificate, the is got resolved instantly on Gmail.

Hope this helps - I spend a couple of hours figuring this out.

jungliboys

Unread post by jungliboys » 2020-6-7 06:28

thanks brother its very helpful for me but after this removing problem .i am also facing for webmail verification massage not receive in my webmail. :( please brother help me for that

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-6-7 11:43

jungliboys wrote:
2020-6-7 06:28
i am also facing for webmail verification massage not receive in my webmail.
Do you mean that gmail verification email does not come to your webmail? If you have your email already imported by gmail, then gmail will automatically lose those emails. You need to switch off "Check email from other accounts" until you have verified your email address(es).

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-6-10 07:43

Santeri wrote:
2020-6-7 11:43
jungliboys wrote:
2020-6-7 06:28
i am also facing for webmail verification massage not receive in my webmail.
Do you mean that gmail verification email does not come to your webmail? If you have your email already imported by gmail, then gmail will automatically lose those emails. You need to switch off "Check email from other accounts" until you have verified your email address(es).
I just noticed the same. GoDaddy webmail is completely inaccessible and broken. Damn idiots did it again. If some of my customers is using their webmail and I get a complaint, I will try to figure out how to fix it. Meanwhile, I suggest using it remotely with smtp and pop3, or changing hosting company (preferred solution).

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-6-13 06:22

Santeri wrote:
2020-6-10 07:43
I just noticed the same. GoDaddy webmail is completely inaccessible and broken. Damn idiots did it again. If some of my customers is using their webmail and I get a complaint, I will try to figure out how to fix it. Meanwhile, I suggest using it remotely with smtp and pop3, or changing hosting company (preferred solution).
I got it working. You just need to access cPanel through GoDaddy website so that the cPanel web address is something like https://sg2plcpnl0022.prod.sin2.secureserver.net:2083/... and not using your own domain name. There you click the CHECK EMAIL from cPanel to access you webmail. At first it will fail, but if you reload the page, then it will start working. I guess GoDaddy realised that it is broken and fixed it, so the broken version keeps coming from your browser cache unless you force reload (ctrl-shitf-r) the page. Hope this helps.

yaugenka

Unread post by yaugenka » 2020-6-18 08:25

I'm facing the same issue on a VPS server with Postfix mail server. The certificate looks valid for the mail subdomain
https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker. ... ftetix.com
but gmail still shows the error.
Please advise.

Unread post by Guest » 2020-6-20 01:23

MUUUUUUUUUY AMABLE ESTABA A PUNTO DE GOMPRAR UN SERVICIO COMO ESTE, ME HAZ AHORRADO LA COMIDA DE LA SEMANA

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-6-20 05:38

yaugenka wrote:
2020-6-18 08:25
I'm facing the same issue on a VPS server with Postfix mail server. The certificate looks valid for the mail subdomain
https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker. ... ftetix.com
but gmail still shows the error.
Please advise.
All looks good in your configs. Someone suggested earlier forcefully reloading Gmail (ctrl-shift-r) and see if that helps. If that does not, this is either a new bug in Gmail or something in your SMTP server is not compatible with Gmail. Please share your solution if you find one.

Happy hacking,

Santeri

Marco

Unread post by Marco » 2020-7-10 22:21

Genial!! Muchísimas gracias. Llevo días buscando la solución a este problema! Mil gracias nuevamente

DomainVP

Unread post by DomainVP » 2020-7-22 02:07

I wanted to take a second and say thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!

I had all but abandoned gMail and was using cPanel to send emails, but there aren't many great apps for cPanel like they have with gMail.

After giving up months ago I was inspired to find a solution, and without your knowledge I would not have been able to get my gMail going again.

Thank you for sharing this knowledge, it is very much appreciated.

Kmramos

Unread post by Kmramos » 2020-7-24 02:58

Hi,
I couldn´t solve the issue.
Mi host is allytech
my cpanel is https://www.arkr.com.ar:2083/cpsess4069 ... index.html
and when I smtp.arkr.com.ar it doesn´t work. nor using, mail.arkr.com.ar
Please, help

Santeri

Unread post by Santeri » 2020-7-24 08:07

Kmramos wrote:
2020-7-24 02:58