Santeri wrote: ↑2020-4-11 13:18GoDaddy "award-winning support team" was again lying to me, so I wasted 24 hours by waiting for their "solution" instead of finding the fix by myself right away. Anyway, I found a permanent solution for the issue. It is easy, free and does not involve GoDaddy which means it can be done right away instead of waiting forever for nothing to happen. Here are the steps for fixing Gmail on GoDaddy.
What made the issue more complicated was that both gmail and GoDaddy are to be blamed. Gmail has changed the way how they check SSL certificates and GoDaddy support is exploiting the issue by trying to peddle useless products for their clueless customers. Please let me know if you are still having issues after applying my fix.
- Login to your GoDaddy account
- Select All Products and Services
- Click Manage in Web hosting section
- Click cPanel Admin
- Copy the shared server host name from the cPanel URL. Host name is between https:// and :2083/ so in this example case the correct host name would be n3plcpnl0082.prod.ams3.secureserver.net
- Paste the host name to Gmail settings Accounts and Import/Send mail as/edit info/SMTP Server and click Save Changes
Questions and discussion about web design, search engine optimisation and hosting
Agradezco mucho tu tiempo, tu gentileza al compartir esto, llevaba mucho tiempo tratando y nada... De veras que valoro lo que has hecho. Gracias.
Thank you for this. Today 10 November 2020. This has saved my stress. Thumbs up.
You are really a hero, I was facing this since last 5 months and godaddy support is useless.
You are great
You are great
damn you are a hero!!!